Carlsbad: Living In Style
If you enjoy looking out over miles of rolling hills, hiking or biking along trails surrounded by flora and fauna, visiting sunny, sandy beaches, and enjoying views across an expanse of blue waters, you will love the style of living that Carlsbad, California can provide. In fact, Men’s Journal included Carlsbad as one of its top 10 places to live in the entire country.
Carlsbad, with a population of around 112,000, is the home of many sports-oriented, biotech, and telecom companies that provide solid, high-salary employment. There’s nothing better than to be able to work and play in the same area in which you live, and avoid that daily commute to the “big city”.
Carlsbad Real Estate
The median home price in Carlsbad is $858,000 and home ownership is just above 60%. The real estate market is very competitive and when a home comes on the market it is common for it to sell quickly and within 1-2% of the asking price. With a sought after school district, plenty of community shopping opportunities, great nightlife venues, award winning local restaurants, and close proximity to clean beaches, it’s easy to see the appeal of living in this town.
Three and four bedroom homes make up the majority of Carlsbad’s homes. Homes are typically around 2,200 square feet in size, but you;ll find homes of all sizes within Carlsbad, Many have backyards that are geared toward outdoor activities with swimming pools, patio gardens, and maybe a sports court of some kind. Inside it is typical to find a well-equipped home theater room, with comfortable seating and a drink/snack station within reach. This home theater type of amenity is becoming even more popular with homeowners due to the Covid-19 threat and the dangers faced with crowded theaters and not being able to maintain social distancing.
Popular Outdoor Activities in Carlsbad: “The Village by the Sea”
- Spa-goers have been coming to Carlsbad’s mineral springs since the late 1800’s. The original mineral well is still there and in addition, Carlsbad’s many spas offer world-class service to their clientele.
- Grab the kids and visit Legoland. With the park’s more than 60 rides, shows and attractions you can easily keep kids of all ages entertained for the day.
- Visit Carlsbad Village. It’s located downtown and is easily explored on foot. There are antique shops, wine tasting events, a weekly farmers market and a whole array of shops and outdoor cafes.
- Beginning in March, and for the next few following weeks, you can stroll through the Carlsbad Flower Fields. These fields full of flowers have been in existence for over 85 years.
- Stop by the Leo Carrillo Ranch Historic Park and view windmills, several adobe structures, and enchanting reflection pools. But if you go, keep an eye out for the many peacocks that patrol the grounds.
- And then there is golf. Carlsbad isn’t called “Titanium Valley” just because of all the golfing equipment manufacturers located in the area. Check out the Aviara Golf Club overlooking Batiquitos Lagoon, and The Crossing at Carlsbad, one of GOLF Magazine’s “Top 10 New Courses”, for those golfers who are seeking out a challenging round of golf on courses surrounded by canyons and views of the Pacific Ocean.
If you visit Carlsbad and spend any amount of time there, you will want to explore the option of purchasing a home there. With lovely beaches, numerous outdoor activities, and almost perfect weather, living in Carlsbad is a little slice of heaven located just north of San Diego.