Carlsbad Village Street Fair – Sunday November 3rd, 2019.
The nation’s largest one day street fair celebrates its 45th year! Stop by and say hello to the team at CalRes (2691 State St.). We’ll have the office open 9-3pm. Our office is right in the heart of the action in the Village – we’ll have water, snacks, treats for your fur friends and a comfy couch to stop and put your feet up!
JOIN US for MythBusters – Nov. 19 6-8 pm (CalRes Office – 2691 State St. 92008)
This one-hour presentation will help debunk the myths that are keeping you or your sphere from home ownership. Beverages and snacks provided. RSVP here
Community shout outs:
- Cheers to San Diego County for having some of the best beer in the Nation. The Great American Brew Festival in Denver CO is one of the largest beer competitions in the world. Five breweries from North County won medals this year: two Pizza Port locations (Solana Beach, Bressi Ranch), Rip Current (San Marcos), Breakwater (Oceanside) and Lost Abbey (San Marcos).
- Congrats to Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, they were recently named Condé Nast Traveler top 17 hotels in San Diego.
Fall Daylight Savings is Sunday November 3rd, 2019. Don’t forget to change your clocks.
With the clocks about to change, here are a few homeowner tips of things that may need changing…
- Heating and air filters. Time to change the air filters, we recommend doing this quarterly, or monthly if you’ve had a lot of dust/construction near your home.
- Fireplace chimneys and air ducts. If you’re planning on using your fireplace this winter, now would be a good time to make sure it’s in tip top condition. Nobody like a soot covered Santa.
- Sprinklers and timers – Time to set the sprinklers for wintertime water savings. Don’t forget your outdoor landscaping lighting too – it gets dark earlier.
Candy Buy Back Here are a few local dentists/orthodontists that are buying back Halloween candy.
- Encinitas Dr Tom Keller. 500 Second Street, Encinitas. 1,4,5, &6th 8:30-5pm
- Carlsbad Dr Leah Walker 7750 El Camino Real Ste D Carlsbad Nov. 4 & 5th 8-5pm
- Carlsbad Village Dr Willes 740 Oak Ave Ste A Carlsbad Village Nov. 4th 4-6pm
Leash up – it’s the law. A friendly reminder from the City of Carlsbad and our friends at the Humane Society to leash your dog. The law requires that your dog be leashed unless you are in a designated off-leash area, like a dog park. At home, a dog must be contained by a fence or other system. Leashing your dog ensures the safety of both dogs and the people who love them. The San Diego Humane Society’s Law Enforcement Officers enforce leash laws in Carlsbad. More information can be found here.
Favorite APP – PULSE POINT RESPOND. With the Santa Anas blowing, the fire season is upon us. PulsePoint is the APP we use to keep informed of emergency activity occurring in our neighborhood in real time.
Start gathering your gently used coats – CalRes charity of the 2019 season is a One Warm Coat drive. Drop off and details coming soon. We are collecting gently used coats at our office November 1-December 13th at 2691 State Street, Carlsbad, T/Th (9:30am-2:30pm) and W (11:00am-4:00pm) or call us to schedule a pickup!
Until next month…
Team CalRes – your hometown Realtors®