Carlsbad Village Station
Just came back from the Carlsbad Village Association meeting this morning and we got a sneak peek at the exciting new Carlsbad Station; a mixed use residential & retail development is located on Roosevelt to State Street (walking distance to the Calres office). Here’s a link to the developer’s website with a video and site renderings. A couple highlights:
- 80 residential units (1-3 bedroom) with 12 of those units designated as affordable housing.
- Underground parking with 146 spaces, 79 of the spaces will have electric vehicle charging stations.
- Construction is at least a year out and they anticipate it will take another 2 years for the site to be fully built out – estimated completion January 2023
- Retail and restaurant space on the street level. Hennessey’s will open a new concept restaurant/bar called Rebel Republic.
Save the dates for a couple other events happening in Carlsbad Village
- Saturday Nov. 30 – Small Business Saturday – Come celebrate Small Business Saturday in the Village as we boost awareness and support for our local small businesses. Enjoy shopping specials, discounts and merchant hospitality as you “Shop Small.” Gift cards given away every 30 minutes.
- Saturday, December 7th — Join us at the Village Faire Shopping Center Courtyard (300 Carlsbad Village Drive) for its annual Pets on Parade charity event that will benefit Wagging Dog Rescue of Carlsbad. Photos with Santa for your furry, four-legged family members, an exciting vendor area with fantastic pet-related products, a raffle, a group photo in front of the Christmas tree and a 20-minute parade through the Village with Santa
- Saturday, December 7th, Makers Market, a crafters showcase in downtown Carlsbad Village, come celebrate 50 local and regional artisans and their skill in a particular craft. re-purposed materials, artisan foods, and much more.
- Sunday December 8, Holiday Tree Lighting. Village Faire Shopping Center Free coffee and hot cider, cookies and take your picture with Santa.